Do You Need A Sugar Detox?
I am so excited to welcome my friend and fellow Certified 21-Day Sugar Detox coach Beth Romanski to the blog. Beth is going to clear up any doubts you may have on whether sugar has it's grip on you, whether you need a sugar detox and how to successfully navigate a great program to free you from your reliance on sugars and refined carbohydrates once and for all!
As a fellow Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, I believe that “no one diet works for everyone,” and that we need to take a bio-individual approach to nutrition. At the same time, having studied over 100 dietary theories at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, I also know that there are certain aspects of a healthy diet and lifestyle that can benefit anyone, and one of those is reducing the amount of sugar in your diet.
In my “Sugar is a Sneaky Thing” workshop, I go in-depth about why this is true, but you might be overwhelmed with where to begin, or how to implement this in real life. Before I became a Certified 21-Day Sugar Detox Coach, I was in the same mindset – I wasn’t necessarily eating lots of junk, but I was definitely avoiding fat and eating a lot of “healthy” foods that I now know were keeping me on a blood sugar rollercoaster - negatively impacting my sleep, my mood, my ability to burn fat and maintain lean muscle, to feel satiated without having to eat every 2 hours, and my overall well-being. I was definitely addicted to fruit and artificial sweeteners which just feeds the sugar craving cycle.
Then, something changed.
As I started to learn more, and said I would give new things a try (yes, adding FAT into my diet!), I made incremental changes to my diet and prioritized my health and took, and I eventually started to thrive. Now a carrot or beets taste very sweet to me. And I enjoy 100% unsweetened dark chocolate as a treat (I’m not kidding!)
I always say “Health is a Journey, Not a Destination,” so as I continue to learn more, the healthier I become. That’s my experience and it’s become my passion to share what I know with you.
In addition to my 1:1 Health Coaching services, I also offer and 1:1 and group coaching for the MyHealthyTransitions 21-Day Sugar Detox Program, so I created this quiz for you to assess whether or not you would be a good candidate for a more targeted Sugar Detox Program.
DO YOU NEED A SUGAR DETOX?
1. Do you crave sugar all day, every day - or even a few times a week? I'm talking about candy, sweets, chocolate, or lots of fruit.
2. Do you crave carbohydrates? These include bread, rice, pasta, cereal (yes, even oatmeal), sandwiches, wraps and breakfast or snack bars.
3. Do you include something sweet with every meal or snack?
4. Do you experience spikes and dips in your energy levels throughout the day?
5. Do you often feel tired upon waking in the morning or have trouble sleeping at night?
6. Do you drink alcoholic beverages daily, or a few times a week?
7. Do you consume artificial sweeteners?
8. Are you trying to burn, or lose, body fat?
9. Are you following a low-fat, whole-grain rich diet that just isn't working?
10. Does the way you eat leave you feeling unsatisfied, hungry, and grazing on snacks every 2 to 3 hours?
11. Do you follow a clean-eating type of lifestyle (including, but not limited to, Paleo, primal, low-carb, vegetarian, raw food, real food, etc.), but still experience sugar cravings?
12. Do you want to learn more about nutrition and what foods work best for YOUR body?
If you are like most people and answered "yes" to at least one of these questions, then you're a good candidate for a sugar detox!
If you’re ready to implement what you learned, join Beth for the MyHealthyTransitions 21-Day Sugar Detox Online Group Coaching Program starting June 5th! Register here (hyperlink is bit.ly/junesugardetox) and use the special coupon code for Michal’s readers SUGAR10. Learn more about this comprehensive action plan to balance your blood sugar and bust cravings naturally with real, whole food and sign up for the June group here.
eth is a Certified Health Coach as a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and a certified 21-Day Sugar Detox Coach. Beth also holds a Masters in Higher Education and Bachelors in Hotel, Restaurant, Institutional Management. During her education at IIN, Beth has studied over 100 dietary theories to provide her clients with personalized nutrition blueprints that are designed to meet their unique needs. Beth takes an individualized approach to health coaching, creating customized plans to help clients achieve their goals for wellness goals with an educational and empowering style. Learn more about Beth and MyHealthyTransitions at www.myhealthytransitions.com. Connect with Beth on Instagram @myhealthytransitions and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/myhealthytransitions.